As the aromatic scent of freshly brewed coffee fills the air and the sun begins to cast its warm glow, coffee lovers and cocktail enthusiasts alike have reason to celebrate – International Coffee Day is here! This beloved global observance brings together the rich, complex flavours of coffee and the spirited, creative world of mixology. It’s the perfect excuse to blend these two worlds into a delightful symphony of taste, and that’s precisely what we have in store for you.
Ahead, we’ve meticulously curated a collection of six coffee-infused cocktails that not only pay homage to the beloved beverage but also elevate your favourite morning pick-me-up to new heights. Whether you’re an ardent coffee connoisseur or a curious cocktail explorer, these recipes are bound to impress your taste buds and add a dash of excitement to your celebrations.
6 Delicious Coffee-Infused Cocktail Recipes
Whiskey Mocha Bliss by Courtyard by Marriott, Mumbai International Airport
The whiskey mocha bliss by Courtyard by Marriott, Mumbai International Airport, is a delightful fusion of whiskey, coffee and hazelnut, perfectly complemented by a pineapple twist and a cocoa powder garnish. It’s a truly innovative cocktail experience that combines the best of both worlds.
- 60ml Whiskey
- 30ml Nutella
- 30ml Espresso Shot
- 15ml Hazelnut Syrup
- 60ml Pineapple Juice
- Ice cubes
- Cocoa Powder (for garnish)
- Begin by preparing your cocktail shaker.
- Add 60ml of whiskey into the shaker.
- Spoon in 30ml of Nutella, ensuring it combines smoothly with the whiskey.
- Pour in a freshly brewed 30ml espresso shot to infuse the cocktail with rich coffee flavours.
- Add 15ml of hazelnut syrup for that delightful nutty sweetness.
- Top off your cocktail with 60ml of refreshing pineapple juice, adding a tropical twist to the mix.
- Fill the shaker with ice cubes.
- Secure the shaker’s lid tightly and shake vigorously until all ingredients are well-combined and chilled.
- Strain the drink into a chilled cocktail glass.
- For the finishing touch, garnish with a light dusting of cocoa powder, giving your Whiskey Mocha Bliss a touch of elegance. Serve immediately, and enjoy this unique and flavourful creation!
C&C (Coffee and Cocoa) by The Westin Mumbai Garden City
- 45 ml Coffee
- 60ml Chocolate Infused Vodka
- 30ml Hazelnut Syrup
- 4 dashes Coffee Bitters
- Shaved Chocolate to garnish
- In the shaker add espresso, hazelnut syrup, chocolate infused vodka.
- Give it a dry shake and then a hard shake.
- Pour the drink into the coupe and add 4 dashes of bitters on top of the drink.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate and enjoy!
Dope Martini by The Drawing Room, Bengaluru
- 45ml Maker’s Mark Bourbon
- 10ml Kahlua
- 3ml Maple Joe Canadian Maple Syrup
- Dope Coffee Espresso Shot
- Pour all ingredients in a shaker with ice cubes.
- Shake vigorously and pour into a coupe glass.
- The vanilla and oak in the bourbon complement the nuttiness of Kahlua and coffee. The maple adds its flavour and sweetness, creating a lovely balance of sweet and bitter.
- Espresso martinis are usually made with vodka, but this recipe uses Bourbon to add depth and a more complex pairing of flavours.
Smoke and Dagger by Ditas, Mumbai
- 30ml or 60ml Jim Beam Bourbon
- 70gms Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 25ml Angostura Bitters
- 50ml Demerara & Coffee mix
- Glassware: Old Fashioned Glass
- Garnish: Coffee and Chocolate Disk
Step 1: Prepare the Butter-Washed Jim Beam
- Mix the melted unsalted butter, Jim Beam bourbon and Angostura Bitters together in a container.
- Refrigerate this mixture overnight. As it chills, the butter will solidify.
- Once the butter has solidified, carefully separate the liquid (butter-washed bourbon) from the solidified butter. You can use a fine strainer or cheesecloth to do this. Transfer the liquid into a bottle for later use.
Step 2: Mixing the Cocktail
- Take a mixing jar or cocktail shaker.
- Add the butter-washed bourbon you prepared earlier.
- Also, add your Demerara and Coffee mixture.
- Stir or shake the ingredients well to combine.
- Strain the mixture into an old-fashioned glass filled with ice.
- To finish, garnish your cocktail as desired.
Kahlua Iced Latte by Anje Brits, Baale Resort, Goa
- 45ml Kahlua Coffee Liqueur
- 10ml Sugar Syrup
- 30ml Espresso
- 200ml Cold Milk
- In a highball glass add 7-8 cubes of ice.
- Pour Kahlua and sugar syrup.
- Add the espresso shot.
- Top up with cold milk.
Irish Coffee by Anje Brits, Baale Resort, Goa
- 120ml Hot Water
- 1 Brown Sugar Sachet
- 60ml Espresso
- 60ml Jameson Caskmates Whiskey
- Whipped Cream
- In an Irish coffee mug, add hot water and dissolve the brown sugar sachet in it.
- Add the Jameson whisky to this mixture.
- Lastly, add your espresso shot and stir well.
- Top up the coffee cocktail with a thick layer of whipped cream.
- Enjoy hot!