In the ever-evolving world of ‘Food-Tok’, where trends seem to pop up as frequently as memes, one quirky creation has managed to ‘peak-ckle’ the interest of millions—the Pickle in a Blanket, or as some affectionately call it, the ‘Chickle.’ This simple yet oddly satisfying snack has taken the internet by storm, offering a crispy and flavourful twist to your regular snack routine. Let’s dive into the cheesy, crunchy world of the ‘Chickle’, which has been going viral lately.
What Exactly is the ‘Chickle’?
Over the last couple of years, snack enthusiasts have found solace and joy in experimenting with quick and fun recipes. Enter TikTok, the platform that turns simple ingredients into viral content. The latest star on the culinary TikTok stage is the Pickle in a Blanket—a marriage of a pickle spear and melted cheese, fried to crispy perfection in a non-stick pan.
This recipe kicked off with TikTok user Claire Snyder, known as @clurmurr, introducing her guilty pleasure to the world. In a video that garnered a whopping 13 million views, Claire showcased her creation—a pickle spear snugly wrapped in melted provolone cheese.
Claire’s video sparked a Pickle revolution, with TikTok users wholeheartedly embracing the trend. The comments section turned into a naming party—from ‘Pickle in a Blanket: A Picklet!’ to the clever ‘Chickle.’ Despite initial scepticism, the snack has won hearts and taste buds across the digital realm.
Suggestions from the Pickle-tok community include dipping it in ranch dressing or seasoning the cheese with Tajin for an extra kick. The possibilities are as endless as the imagination.
The ‘Chickle’ Recipe
- Provolone or Mozzarella Cheese
- Non-Stick Pan
- Start with a spritz of cooking spray on a small non-stick frying pan. The magic begins here, ensuring a golden and crispy outcome.
- Lay down a slice of provolone or mozzarella cheese in the pan. Watch as it transforms from it’s solid state to a pile of melty goodness, developing a golden crust around the edges.
- Grab a pickle spear and plop it right in the middle of the cheese slice as it sizzles away.
- Once the cheese edges become a little golden and hard, channel your inner burrito master. Fold the sides of the cheese around the pickle, creating a snug wrap akin to a taquito.
- Remove it from the pan and let it rest on a paper towel, soaking up any excess oils.
So who’s ready to try the ‘chickle’? After all, who said snacks couldn’t be both amusing and delicious?