Picture this: a chicken dinner so divine that it has the power to prompt marriage proposals. Yes, you read that right! Forget about candlelit dinners; we’re talking about a dish so tantalisingly delicious that it might just lead to a lifetime commitment. As the saying goes, the way to the heart is through the stomach, and this meal takes that adage to a whole new level.
So, why the whimsical name? ‘Marry Me’ chicken earned its title not just for its deliciousness but for its rumoured magical powers. TikTok legend has it that the person who prepares this dish might just find themselves on the receiving end of a marriage proposal.
The Italian Charm of ‘Marry Me’ Chicken
What makes this dish so extraordinary? It’s the careful balance between seared chicken breasts and a luscious cream sauce featuring garlic, thyme, sun-dried tomatoes, and a sprinkle of Parmesan. The chicken, golden and succulent, waltzes through these flavours in the oven, resulting in a dish that could make even the most stoic heart skip a beat.
Ahead, we’ll dive into the delectable details of this viral sensation and explore what makes it the cupid of the culinary world.
What to Pair with ‘Marry Me’ Chicken
This dish is a star on its own, but why settle for ordinary when you can elevate it to extraordinary? Pair it with creamy mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus, or venture into the realm of pasta. Imagine a plate of pasta adorned with ‘Marry Me’ chicken, with garlic bread on the side to mop up the heavenly sauce – the stuff dreams are made of. If you’re a vegan or vegetarian, fret not! Simply substitute the chicken with tofu or mock meat, and you’re all set.
The Recipe: ‘Marry Me’ Chicken
- 1 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1 tsp crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ¾ cup low-sodium Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Chopped Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Freshly torn Basil, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 375°. In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper.
- Sear the chicken until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate and pour off half the fat from the skillet.
- Return the skillet to medium heat and add garlic, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, sun-dried tomatoes, and Parmesan. Season with more salt. Bring to a simmer, then return chicken to skillet.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until chicken is cooked through (and juices run clear when pierced with a knife), 10 to 12 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly torn basil and prepare for your partner’s impromptu marriage proposal!