Brainstorming ideas for what to serve your guests at the next dinner party? Well, hold on to your holiday spirits because we’ve got you a recipe that is equal parts unique and comforting for a chilly night in.
Imagine thinly sliced chicken, perfectly coated in cornstarch, and seared to a golden brown, creating an aroma that sets the stage for a delightful evening. The magic unfolds in just 30 minutes as garlic and ginger sizzle in the pan, infusing the air with promises of a culinary adventure.
Ideal for a cosy date night or as the star of your next dinner party, this quirky Bell Pepper Chicken recipe by Chef Alok Das is a journey of flavours that will have your guests asking for seconds. So, don your apron, gather your ingredients, and prepare to create a memorable dining experience.
Bell Pepper Chicken by Chef Alok Das of Escobar
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 2 portions
- 1 ¼ pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup + 2 tsp Cornstarch, divided
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 ½ tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Minced Ginger
- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- ½ cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- ⅓ cup Chili Bean Sauce
- ½ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Green Onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Whole Bell Peppers for serving
- Place the chicken and 1/4 cup cornstarch in a resealable plastic bag, shake to coat evenly.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over high heat.
- Place the chicken to the pan in a single layer and season to taste with salt and pepper (keeping in mind the sauce has plenty of salt in it).
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until browned. Cook in multiple batches if needed.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the same pan and cook for 30 seconds. Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, water and chilli bean sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Mix the 2 teaspoons of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of cold water. Add the cornstarch to the sauce and bring to a boil; boil for 30-60 seconds until just thickened.
- Add the chicken and green onions to the pan and toss to coat with the sauce. Serve stuffed inside the bell pepper.