Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Skillet
Ingredients For The Chicken:
Boneless skinless chicken thighs / chicken breast: 500 gm
Garlic powder: 1 teaspoon
Thyme: 2 sprigs
Salt to taste
Olive Oil: 2 tablespoons
For the sauce:
Butter: 1 tablespoon
Mushrooms (sliced): 300 gms
Garlic (sliced): 12 cloves
Fresh chopped Parsley: 1 tablespoon
Thyme: 3 sprigs
Rosemary: 2 sprigs
Onion (sliced): 1
Black Pepper: 1 tsp
Cooking Cream: 3 cups
Fresh shredded Parmesan cheese (optional): ½ cup
Dijon mustard (optional): 1 tsp
White Wine (optional): 1/4th cup
*Combine the garlic powder, herbs, salt. Coat the chicken evenly with the combined seasoning.
* Heat the oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and sear chicken in batches until browned on each side and cooked completely (4 mins on each side if using breast & 6 minutes on each side if using leg boneless). Transfer to a plate; set aside and keep warm.
*To the same pan or skillet, melt the butter and add the mushrooms and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook until soft (about 3 minutes). Add the garlic, parsley, thyme, rosemary and onions and sauté until fragrant and till the onions turn translucent (about 2 minute).
* Deglaze with white wine if you want.
* Stir in cream, bring to a simmer, add the mustard, then reduce heat and continue cooking until the sauce has thickened slightly.
* Stir in the Parmesan cheese (if using) and allow it to melt through the sauce for a further 2 minutes, while occasionally stirring.
* Return chicken to the pan. Taste test and season with salt and pepper to your taste. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.