Prepare yourself for a wild culinary ride like no other! TikTok has done it again, introducing a viral innovation that combines the best of two worlds—the beloved McDonald’s Big Mac and the delightful taco!
So, if you’ve ever wondered what would happen if you combined the iconic McDonald’s burger with a soft-shell taco, wonder no more. We’re here to guide you through the steps of creating this sensation in your very own kitchen.
With countless renditions making waves across the internet, from vegan twists to lean meat options like turkey, we’re here to present you with a timeless classic that is sure to impress your guests.
Viral Big Mac Taco Recipe
1 pound (450g) Ground Meat or any Vegan Substitute
8 Small Flour Tortillas
8 slices American Cheese
White Onions, finely chopped
For the Big Mac Sauce:
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
2 tbsp Mustard
2 tbsp Sweet Pickle Relish
1 tbsp White Vinegar
1 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp White Pepper
1. Cook the ground meat:
- Heat a skillet or pan over medium heat. Add the ground meat and cook until browned, breaking it up into small crumbles as it cooks.
- Drain any excess grease and season the cooked ground meat with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Prepare the Big Mac Sauce:
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, sweet pickle relish, white vinegar, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and white pepper.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Set the sauce aside.
3. Assemble the Tacos:
- Place a tortilla on a flat surface and spread a generous spoonful of the cooked meat onto one side of the tortilla.
- Flip the tortilla over, and on the other side of the meat, place a slice of American cheese.
- Top the cheese with pickle slices, shredded lettuce, and a sprinkle of finely chopped white onions.
- Drizzle a spoonful of the Big Mac sauce over the toppings.
4. Fold and Cook the Tacos:
- Fold the tortilla in half, creating a taco shape with the fillings enclosed.
- Preheat a clean skillet or griddle over medium heat and lightly grease it with cooking spray or oil.
- Place the folded taco onto the heated skillet and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until the tortilla is golden brown and crispy.
5. Serve and Enjoy:
- Repeat the assembling and cooking steps for the remaining tortillas and fillings.
- Serve your delicious Big Mac Tacos while they’re still warm.
- Feel free to garnish with additional pickle slices, shredded lettuce, and Big Mac sauce for an extra burst of flavour.