Tom Cruise, one of Hollywood’s most iconic leading men, has cemented his position at the top with his on-screen performances and his age-defying looks.
As fans continue to marvel at his dedication to fitness and healthy living, one aspect of his diet that stands out is his love for lobster. So we figured what could be a better way to celebrate the Top Gun: Maverick star’s 61st birthday than indulging in a delicious Tom Cruise-inspired lobster recipe that will make you feel like a star?
Lobster, once considered the ‘poor man’s protein,’ in the USA, has come a long way. In the past, these crustaceans were so abundant that they were used as crop fertiliser and fish bait. It wasn’t until the 1880s that lobster became a delicacy, gaining popularity and soaring prices. Today, lobster is regarded as a luxurious seafood choice and is loved by many, including Cruise.
Lobster: The Perfect Fit for Tom Cruise’s Diet
Cruise’s reported low-calorie diet, which focuses on grilled selections and avoiding glucose-spiking foods like carbohydrates, aligns perfectly with lobster’s nutritional profile. Lobster is not only low in calories, but it also contains zero carbs, making it an excellent choice for those looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Additionally, lobster is rich in protein, a vital nutrient for building and maintaining muscle mass.
Grilled Lobster with Lemon Garlic Butter Recipe
2 Lobsters (1 ½ to 2 pounds each)
4 tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Prepare the lobsters by splitting them in half lengthwise.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, minced garlic, lemon juice, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix well to create the lemon garlic butter sauce.
- Brush the lobster halves generously with the lemon garlic butter sauce, ensuring they are well coated on both sides.
- Place the lobsters, shell-side down, on the preheated grill. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until the meat is opaque and firm, turning them once during cooking and basting with the remaining lemon garlic butter sauce.
- Once cooked, remove the lobsters from the grill and transfer them to a serving platter. Drizzle any remaining sauce over the halves for extra flavour.
- Serve the grilled lobster hot, accompanied by a fresh green salad or your favourite side dish.