The Kapoor family sure knows how to make headlines, and this time it was not just about their star-studded Christmas gathering. Apart from Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor’s daughter Raha Kapoor’s paparazzi debut, the Sanju actor took the festive celebrations up a notch by flambéing a delectable Chocolate Whiskey Cake that instantly became the talk of the town.
If you’re looking to add a touch of Bollywood glam to your next soirée, Chef Sneha Singhi Upadhaya has spilled the beans on how to recreate this mouthwatering recipe on Instagram.
Recipe For The Chocolate Whiskey Flambé Cake, Which Comes Approved By The Kapoors
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 6 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1.5 cups Maida
- 0.25 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate
- ¾ cup Cream
- In a bowl, combine sugar and milk. Then add oil, vanilla, vinegar and the dry ingredients—baking soda, maida and cocoa powder. Mix it all up until you’ve got a smooth, chocolatey batter.
- Pour the batter into a 6-inch cake mould and let it sit in the oven at 180°C for 30-40 minutes. Once it’s done, let it cool, and gracefully de-mould the chocolaty creation.
- Melt dark chocolate and cream together in the microwave for 30-second. Feel free to add 50 ml of whiskey to the ganache for that extra kick. Cover the cake generously with this luscious ganache or go all out by slicing the cake horizontally, adding ganache layers. Chill it until showtime.
- Here’s where the magic happens. Pour whiskey over the cake and ignite the flame. For an added spectacle, you can light up the whiskey in a bowl first and then gracefully cascade it over the cake. Watch as your guests’ eyes light up in awe!
- If whiskey isn’t your spirit of choice, fear not! You can experiment with substitutes like rum, cognac, vodka, brandy or any liquor boasting an alcohol content above 40%.
So, get ready to indulge in a slice of stardom with this easy-peasy chocolate flambé cake that will leave your guests craving an encore!