‘Tis the season for crack—Christmas crack, that is! Move over traditional gingerbread houses and sugar cookies; the latest sensation to sweep through the festive kitchen is the viral Christmas crack. And let me tell you, the hype is absolutely legit. It’s the kind of addictive treat that might just replace your holiday cookie traditions.
Picture this: layers of salty crackers drenched in a bubbling caramel concoction, blanketed with a generous pour of melted chocolate, and crowned with toppings like flakey sea salt. It’s a harmonious combination that hits all the right notes on your taste buds.
So, buckle up, sugar enthusiasts, as we embark on a crisp and delicious journey to create the perfect Christmas crack.
The Viral Christmas Crack Recipe
- 1 packet Salty Crackers (enough to line a tray)
- ½ cup (110g) Packed Brown Sugar
- ½ cup (120g) Butter
- 120-150g Chocolate, melted
- Flakey Sea Salt for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. While it warms up, let your favourite festive tunes play in the background. Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas”, perhaps?
- Arrange the crackers neatly on a lined tray, creating a sturdy foundation for the sweet symphony about to unfold.
- Mix brown sugar and butter in a pot or saucepan until it turns a beautiful golden colour. This is your sweet caramel sauce.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the crackers and bake for 6-7 minutes until they turn golden and bubbly.
- Melt your chocolate and drizzle it over the crackers. Think of it as creating a chocolate waterfall!
- Get creative and add any extra toppings you like. We like to add a touch of fancy with flakey sea salt.
- Stick your creation in the fridge or freezer for 20-30 minutes until it sets. Then, break it into yummy pieces and enjoy!
There you have it—the viral Christmas crack! Whether you share it at festive gatherings or keep it all to yourself (no judgement here), this addictive treat is destined to become a holiday tradition in its own right.