Does your breakfast usually consist of just coffee or a sad bowl of cereal or a burnt toaster waffle that left you questioning your culinary skills? Well, fear not, because we’re about to turn your mornings from mundane to mouthwatering! We’ve teamed up with the chefs at Brik Oven to bring you three breakfast dishes that will make your taste buds do a happy little jig.
From the cheesy indulgence of a burrata toastie to the greens-packed goodness of a spinach egg toastie or the majestic bagel sandwich, we’re here to rescue you from breakfast boredom.
3 Easy-To-Make Breakfast Recipes
Roasted Vegetable Bagel
- 1 piece Sourdough Bagel
- 30 gms Cream Cheese
- 15 gms Sliced Red Onion
- 20 gms Roasted Zucchini Green
- 20 gms Roasted Zucchini Yellow
- 20 gms Romaine Lettuce
- 7 gms Wild Arugula
- 2 gms Lemon Zest
- 5 gms Dill Leaves
- 10 gms Butter
- 5 gms Chives
- 25 gms Tomato
- Take one piece of bagel and cut it from the center into 2 halves.
- Toast it by brushing some butter on the inner sides.
- Slice onions and tomatoes and keep aside.
- Cut the zucchini into roundels, add thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper and roast on a flat pan until it is 80% cooked.
- Make a cream cheese spread by mixing the cream cheese with chopped dill leaves, chives and lemon zest and spread both halves with the cream cheese spread.
- Add romaine lettuce, one layer of yellow zucchini, another layer of green zucchini, sliced tomato and onion.
- Top it with arugula, close the sandwich and serve.
- 1 slice Sourdough Bread Sliced
- 2 pieces Burrata Cheese
- 10 gms Wild Arugula
- 40 gm Cherry Tomatoes
- 5 gms Dijon Mustard
- 25 ml Lemon Juice
- 2 gms Salt
- 65 ml Olive Oil
- 4 gms Peppercorns, Crushed
- 10 gms Butter
- Take a slice of artisanal sourdough and toast it with butter.
- Make a dressing by combining Dijon mustard, lemon juice, 2 grams of salt and pepper with 50 ml of oil in a mixer/ blender.
- Toss the arugula in 5 ml of the dressing and place it on the toast.
- Sauté the cherry tomatoes in olive oil on a pan with medium heat.
- Place two pieces of burrata cheese and cut into half.
- Top it with the sautéed cherry tomato.
- Drizzle olive oil, sprinkle black pepper on it, and enjoy!
Spinach and Egg Toastie
- 1 sliced Artisanal Sourdough Bread
- 10 gms Salted Butter
- 150 gms Spinach
- 2 Fried Eggs
- 40 gms Button Mushrooms
- 3 gms Thyme
- 3 gms Black Pepper
- 5 gms Salt
- 10 ml Red wine Vinegar
- 10 gms Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- 50 ml Olive Oil
- 20 gms Chopped Garlic
- Take one slice of bread and toast it by spreading some salted butter on it.
- In a pan, sauté garlic and spinach with some olive oil.
- Slice a few white button mushrooms and sauté them with olive oil, garlic, red wine vinegar and thyme.
- Cook the mushrooms on a low to medium heat till done.
- Add the spinach to the bread.
- Place two fried eggs on the spinach.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Top it with the sautéed mushrooms and voila!