When it comes to maintaining a healthy lifestyle without compromising on flavour, Janhvi Kapoor knows how to hit the mark. In her quest for nutritious and delicious meals, she has discovered a go-to recipe that combines the bold flavours of gochujang with wholesome vegetables, a homemade sauce, and the ingenious use of healthy shirataki noodles.
Notably, the star of the dish lies in the gochujang sauce—an essential component that adds a rich and spicy punch. Kapoor’s homemade sauce strikes a delicate balance between heat, sweetness, and umami, creating a symphony of flavours that elevates the entire dish.
Furthermore, the incorporation of shirataki noodles adds another layer of nutritional value to Kapoor’s recipe. These translucent and gelatinous noodles, made from the konjac plant, are virtually calorie-free and extremely low in carbohydrates. Shirataki noodles are also known for their ability to absorb the flavours of the dish they are cooked with, making them an ideal choice for Kapoor’s gochujang-based creation.
The Dhadak star’s low-carb and high-protein gochujang noodles are a perfect choice for anyone seeking a satisfying and guilt-free meal option.
Recipe for Janhvi Kapoor’s low carb noodles
1 cup Veggies (Mushrooms and Bell Pepper sautéed in some olive oil)
2-3 Chicken Sausages or protein of choice
1 tbsp Butter
5-6 Garlic Cloves
2-3 Spring Onion Whites
2-3 tbsp Cream
Some grated Parmesan Cheese
2 tbsp Gochujang
1 tsp Korean Pepper Flakes
1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1 tsp Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Water
- Begin by preparing the sauce. Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set it aside.
- In a pan, sauté the chopped vegetables until they become tender. Cook the sausages according to your preferred method, then set them aside.
- In the same pan, melt some butter and add minced garlic and spring onion whites. Sauté them until fragrant.
- Add the prepared sauce mix to the pan and let it simmer until the oil separates and the flavours meld together.
- Introduce the low-carb noodles into the pan, ensuring they are coated with the sauce. Stir them gently to incorporate the flavours.
- Pour in the cream and sprinkle the cheese over the noodles, allowing them to melt and create a creamy texture.
- Add the cooked vegetables and sausages back into the pan, mixing them well with the noodles and sauce.
- Finally, garnish the dish with the chopped spring onion greens, adding a fresh and vibrant touch, and enjoy a hearty bowl!