Riding high on the success of her latest thriller series, The Night Manager, Sobhita Dhulipala recently gave fans a delightful peek into her personal life through an engaging ‘ask-me-anything’ session on Instagram. Among the many intriguing questions she answered, one stood out—her go-to dish in the kitchen.
Turns out, the PS1 actress is Team Pasta and her go-to pasta dish is a simple, yet delicious, plate of spaghetti aglio olio, a traditional Italian pasta dish hailing from the vibrant city of Naples.
Ahead, we dive deep into the Made in Heaven actress’ cherished pasta dish and savour its lip-smacking recipe that will have you yearning for a forkful!
Delicious And Easy Aglio Olio Recipe
4-5 Cloves of Garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (adjust according to your spice preference)
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
A handful of Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to package instructions until al dente. Remember, we want our pasta to have a delightful bite!
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté them gently, allowing the flavours to infuse the oil, until the garlic turns golden and fragrant. Be careful not to burn it; we want the garlic to be beautifully golden, not bitter.
- Once the pasta is cooked, reserve a cup of the pasta water, then drain the spaghetti. Add the drained spaghetti directly into the skillet with the garlic and red pepper-infused oil. Toss the pasta gently to ensure it gets coated evenly.
- If you find the pasta a bit dry, add a splash of the reserved pasta water to create a silky sauce that will cling to each strand.
- Sprinkle in the chopped parsley, reserving a bit for garnishing, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss the pasta again, making sure every strand is swimming in the flavours of the garlic, olive oil, and herbs.
- Transfer the spaghetti aglio olio to serving plates. Top it off with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese and the remaining fresh parsley.
- Grab your fork and twirl your way through the heavenly tangles of spaghetti aglio olio and voilà!