In the late 1980s, a starry-eyed Delhi-boy with a dream to make it big in the film industry landed in Mumbai. Little did anyone know that this man of limited means, who found comfort even when he had to sleep on the streets, would go on to become one of the most celebrated Indian film stars of all time. With Shah Rukh Khan ruling the silver screen for over three decades, we can’t *not* take inspiration from him every step of the way. Be it his dimpled smile or charismatic personality, everyone has been swept away by this man both on and off screen.
However, little do fans know that SRK is a die hard foodie and that he is a huge pasta fan. In fact, he enjoys a specific kind of pasta that is his go-to food for every mood. The Bollywood star often visits Mezzo Mezzo at JW Marriott in Juhu to enjoy his favourite bowl of saucy lobster pasta.
Apart from lobster spaghetti, King Khan also loves devouring some tandoori chicken and biryani like a true Delhi munda. While he manages to look fit and young even in his late 50s through clean eating, exercise and discipline, the secret to his glowing and youthful personality is probably hidden in all the good food he eats because that’s what keeps him truly happy.
Here’s the detailed recipe below
1 cup Spaghetti
1 tbsp Olive Oil
3 Diced Onions
2 tsp Chilli Pepper
3 Garlic Cloves
8 Cherry Tomatoes
- Start by adding 4 cups of water to a pan with some salt.
- Bring it to a boil and add in the spaghetti. Cook the noodles for 2-3 minutes or until they are al dente, strain and set aside.
- Next, heat some olive oil in a pan and toss in the garlic, chilli pepper and diced onions.
- Once the onions are soft, add in cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Use a wooden spatula to mash the tomatoes and let all the juices out. Stir it all together until the tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- Mash the tomatoes to make a thick sauce.
- Add in the boiled and drained spaghetti to this sauce.
- In the meantime, saute the cleaned and boiled lobster in a bit of oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the lobster to the prepared spaghetti and garnish the dish with a few fresh basil leaves and lemon wedges, and enjoy!