‘Tis the frizziest time of the year! Monsoon is upon us, bringing along the twin threats of frizziness and flyaways. If you are looking to make it through the soaring levels of humidity without losing your style cred, it helps to look to Bollywood’s best names. From pulled-back updos to lazy girl-approved half-buns, follow this step-by-step guide for getting through this season without a hair out of place:
FOLLOW: Monsoon Haircare Guide
Get The Look: Janhvi Kapoor’s Half-Up Half-Down Hairdo
The star’s fuss-free look works as the perfect accompaniment to a white tee and denim duet, and here’s how you can recreate it when you are looking to put off hair wash day:
- If you are working with second-day hair, spritz some dry shampoo on the roots to sop up any grease.
- Divide your hair into two sections, finger-combing some back towards the crown of your head.
- Twist the hair you have gathered into a loose bun and secure it with an elastic hair tie.
- For giving a softer look, leave some tendrils out to frame the face and secure it in place with a quick spritz of hair spray.
Get The Look: Deepika Padukone’s Puffed Ponytail
If you are heading out into the downpour, flowy hairdos are not your friend. Instead, secure your hair into a puffed ponytail like Padukone’s for a fashion-forward look. Here’s how:
- Textured hairstyles work best on second-day hair as the squeaky clean finish of a hair wash can negate the grip that is required for a hairstyle like this one.
- Prep your hair by spraying texturising spray from the roots till the mid-lengths.
- For an added dose of volume, use a pin tailcomb to backcomb your hair towards the crown of the head.
- Once you have achieved the volume you desire for creating a puffed effect, gently gather your hair at the nape of your neck into a loose ponytail.
- Seal your handiwork in place with hairspray and slide a hairband over it to secure your hairstyle against gusty winds.
Get The Look: Ananya Panday’s High Braid
On days when humidity is threatening to get the best of your hair, here’s how you can slick your hair back into a high braid like Panday’s to keep frizziness at bay:
- Tie freshly blow-dried hair into a high ponytail at the crown of your head.
- Divide the hair into two equal sections and taking one portion of your hair from the left side, tuck it under the right side.
- Repeat the same action by taking some hair from the right side and tucking it over the left side. even sections so that you have a left piece and a right piece.
- Keep repeating the action until you have reached the end of your hair and secure the base with a hair tie.