If you’ve ever scrolled past Shraddha Kapoor’s Instagram, her make-up free selfies will surely make you wonder what is the secret to her glowing skin. And the case grows even curiouser, given that actors like her spend a lot of time wearing heavy makeup, under harsh climates and lights, while also living a jet setters lifestyle, which may be great for the spirit, but it’s not so kind to the skin!
Recently, the Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar actress spilled the beans on her secret to healthy skin — simple skincare hacks and homemade DIY face packs. Her favourite — the tried and tested besan (gram flour) face pack.
Benefits Of Using Besan Or Gram Flour In Skincare
Besan, or gram flour, is an age-old Indian cooking ingredient that has been used by generations for its remarkable skincare benefits. Packed with essential nutrients and properties, it offers a gentle and effective way to pamper your skin. Here are some of the fantastic benefits of using besan in your skincare routine:
- Exfoliation: Besan acts as a natural exfoliator, helping to slough off dead skin cells and unclog pores, leaving your skin looking fresh and rejuvenated.
- Oil Control: For those struggling with oily skin, besan works wonders in absorbing excess oil, reducing stickiness, and preventing acne breakouts.
- Evening Out Skin Tone: The natural skin-lightening properties of besan can help fade dark spots and blemishes, giving your skin a brighter and more even-toned appearance.
- Gentle Cleansing: Besan acts as a mild cleanser, removing impurities and dirt without stripping away the skin’s natural oils.
- Soothing: Its anti-inflammatory properties can soothe irritated skin and provide relief from various skin conditions.
Besan and Oil Face Pack Recipes for Different Skin Types:
For Oily Skin
- 2 tbsp Besan
- 1 tbsp Jojoba Oil
- 1 tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- A pinch of Turmeric (optional)
Mix all the ingredients to form a smooth paste. Apply the mixture on your face and neck, avoiding the eye area. Gently scrub in circular motions for a few minutes, then leave it on for another 10 minutes. Rinse off with cool water.
For Dry Skin
- 2 tbsp Besan
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Raw Honey
- A few drops of Rose Water
Blend all the ingredients until you get a creamy consistency. Apply the mixture to your face and neck, avoiding the eye area. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes, allowing the nourishing ingredients to work their magic. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
For Combination Skin
- 2 tbsp Besan
- 1 tbsp Rosehip Oil
- 1 tbsp Yoghurt
- 1 tsp Honey
Mix all the ingredients until well combined. Apply the mask evenly on your face and neck, avoiding the eye area. Let it rest for 15 minutes before rinsing with water and gently massaging it off.
Customise the proportions according to your preferences and skin needs. These DIY face masks can be used 2-3 times a week for optimum results.