Rising star Alaya F is widely recognised as a connoisseur of DIY skincare and a strong advocate for healthy living. She is often seen concocting age-old trusted ingredients to create accessible skincare alternatives, and her passion for this shines through on her Instagram page.
Alaya actively promotes the importance of adopting a lifestyle abundant in movement and mindfulness, while emphasising sustainability and simplicity as key elements to elevate one’s life and transform into the best version of oneself. She believes that a healthy gut is crucial for achieving glowing, nourished skin.
The summer season elicits a mixed range of emotions for many. While we delight in the sun-filled days and the bountiful supply of mangoes and beach-side pina coladas, we also face the challenges of excessive sweating and the adverse effects of sun damage. The Jawaani Jaaneman actress has a fantastic solution to combat the downsides of this cherished season, and it involves a straightforward DIY approach.
½ cup Grated Cucumber
1 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Curd
- Take a bowl and add a generous tablespoon of curd. Mix it well with freshly grated cucumber until a textured paste is formed.
- Crush a few mint leaves into a pulp and add it to the mixture, followed by a generous drizzle of honey.
- If you prefer a thicker consistency for your face mask, Alaya suggests adding besan (gram flour) to the mixture.
- Apply the mask evenly onto your face and leave it on for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- After the recommended time, rinse off the mask with water and pat dry.
What are the benefits of this face pack?
Cucumbers are known for their hydrating properties, helping to moisturise and refresh the skin. They also contain antioxidants that can reduce inflammation and soothe irritated skin. Mint leaves, on the other hand, possess antimicrobial and cooling properties, which can help calm acne-prone skin and reduce redness. Curd, rich in lactic acid, acts as a natural exfoliator, gently removing dead skin cells and promoting a brighter complexion. It also contains probiotics that can balance the skin’s microbiome and enhance its natural protective barrier.
Honey, with its antibacterial properties, helps combat acne-causing bacteria while moisturising and softening the skin. It can also aid in achieving a more even skin tone and reducing the appearance of scars.
Together, this DIY face mask can provide a refreshing, soothing, and nourishing experience, making it the perfect skincare staple for scorching Indian summers.