Get ready, ice cream aficionados, because it’s that time of the year again when a sensational frozen treat trend takes the world by storm! We’ve witnessed the rise of “nice cream,” the creamy concoction made from blending frozen bananas. And more recently, the Ninja Creami, which is a miraculous gadget that transforms any liquid into a frozen dessert sensation. This year’s ice cream revolution has taken an unexpected twist: introducing the surprising star ingredient in homemade ice cream—cottage cheese!
That’s right, folks! Prepare to be blown away as cottage cheese steps into the limelight as the secret weapon for creating your very own protein-packed frozen delights. For those of you who aren’t fans of banana-based ice cream or simply can’t spare a pretty penny on fancy gadgets, this game-changing revelation is here to save the day. Who knew that humble cottage cheese could possess the power to elevate your homemade ice cream to new heights of creamy perfection?
Here’s the deal: TikTokers have been touting a frozen concoction made with blended cottage cheese and various mix-ins as a healthier option for ice cream. This delightful treat offers several compelling reasons to love it. Firstly, it is a protein powerhouse, providing a generous 12 grams of protein per serving, making it a guilt-free dessert or snack option. Secondly, its preparation couldn’t be easier, as it simply involves blending cottage cheese with a sweetener and fruit, adding any desired toppings, and freezing it for a few hours. Moreover, the flavour possibilities are limitless, allowing you to explore and create various tantalising combinations.
This ice cream goes beyond being just a dessert, as it can be enjoyed as a high-protein snack or even a refreshing breakfast. Imagine starting your day with a bowl of cottage cheese ice cream layered with granola and freshly cut fruit—a breakfast indulgence that will make you and your kids ecstatic. Here’s how to make it.
- Blended Whole Milk Cottage Cheese
- Fresh or Frozen Strawberries
- Graham Cracker Crumble (optional)
- Add the cottage cheese to a high-speed blender or food processor with honey and strawberries.
- Blend until the cottage cheese is smooth and creamy, then add extra strawberry chunks (optional) and crumble in graham crackers. Gently fold them in until well combined.
- For something a little extra special, you can make a strawberry sauce to swirl into it, too.
- Transfer your ‘strawberry cheesecake’ ice cream to a container and pop it in the freezer for 4-5 hours.
- When ready to enjoy your frozen treat, remove from the fridge, let it thaw for a couple of minutes and enjoy!