With the scorching summer heat in full swing, it’s time to cool down and quench your thirst with some deliciously refreshing drinks and sherbets! Whether you’re lounging by the pool, hosting a backyard barbecue, or just looking for a tasty way to beat the heat, these five summer drink and sherbet recipes are perfect for the Indian climate. Get ready to tantalise your taste buds and stay hydrated with these delightful concoctions!
Mango and Coconut Sherbet
What’s better than indulging in the sweet and juicy goodness of mangoes during the summer season? Pair it with the rich creaminess of coconut, and you’ve got yourself a winning combination! This tropical twist on sherbet is a perfect blend of tangy and sweet flavours that will transport you to a beach paradise.
2 Ripe Mangoes, peeled and chopped
1 cup Coconut Milk
1/2 cup Condensed Milk
1/2 cup Water
1/4 cup Sugar
Mint Leaves for garnish
1. In a blender, combine the chopped mangoes, coconut milk, condensed milk, water, and sugar.
2. Blend until smooth and creamy.
3. Add ice cubes and blend again until well-mixed.
4. Pour the sherbet into serving glasses and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
5. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy the tropical flavours of this refreshing sherbet on a hot summer day!
Lemon and Mint Mojito
When life gives you lemons, make a mojito! This tangy and minty twist on a classic mojito is the perfect summer drink to quench your thirst and lift your spirits. The zesty lemon and refreshing mint flavours come together to create a drink that’s perfect for sipping by the pool or at a summer gathering for rejuvenation.
2 Lemons, juiced
1/4 cup Fresh Mint Leaves
2 tbsp Sugar
Lemon Slices and Mint Sprigs for garnish
1. In a glass, muddle the fresh mint leaves and sugar until fragrant.
2. Add lemon juice and mix well.
3. Fill the glass with ice cubes and top it off with soda water.
4. Stir gently to combine all the flavours.
5. Garnish with lemon slices and mint sprigs.
Watermelon and Basil Cooler
Watermelon, the quintessential Summer fruit, gets a twist of sophistication with the addition of fresh basil in this luscious cooler. This drink is a perfect blend of sweet, tangy, and herbaceous flavours that will tantalise your taste buds and keep you refreshed all summer long!
3 cups Watermelon Cubes, seeded
1/4 cup Fresh Basil Leaves
2 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Lime Juice
Watermelon Wedges and Basil Sprigs for garnish
1. In a blender, blitz together the watermelon cubes, fresh basil leaves, honey, and lime juice.
2. Blend until smooth and well-combined.
3. Fill a glass with ice cubes and pour the watermelon mixture over it.
4. Top it off with soda water as well as some cold plain water and stir gently.
Get ready to tease your taste buds with this spicy and sweet concoction that’s perfect for beating the summer heat! Kulukki Sharbat is a popular summer drink from Kerala, India, known for its unique combination of tangy lemon, sweet syrup, and spicy ginger. This refreshing drink will awaken your senses and leave you craving for more!
1 Lemon, juiced
1/2 inch Ginger, peeled and grated
3 tbsp Sugar Syrup (made by dissolving sugar in equal parts of water)
1/4 tsp Black Salt
1/4 tsp Chaat Masala
1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
Lemon Slices for garnish
1. In a glass, combine the lemon juice, grated ginger, sugar syrup, black salt, chaat masala, cumin powder, and red chilli powder.
2. Stir well to dissolve the sugar and mix all the flavours.
3. Fill the glass with ice cubes.
4. Top it off with soda water and stir gently.
5. Garnish with lemon slices for an extra zesty touch and enjoy!
Coconut Water and Sabja Seed Cooler
Indulge in the tropical flavours of coconut water and sabja seeds with this exotic and refreshing summer cooler! Coconut water is a natural electrolyte-rich drink that’s packed with essential minerals, while sabja seeds, also known as basil seeds or falooda seeds, are rich in fibre and offer a unique texture to beverages. Together, they make a perfect combination to quench your thirst and keep you cool in the scorching Indian summers.
1 cup Coconut Water
1 tbsp Sabja Seeds
1 tbsp Honey or Agave Syrup
1/2 Lemon, juiced
Mint Leaves for garnish
1. Soak the sabja seeds in 1/4 cup of water for 10-15 minutes until they swell up and form a gel-like texture.
2. In a glass, combine the soaked sabja seeds, coconut water, honey or agave syrup, and lemon juice.
3. Stir well to combine all the flavours.
4. Add ice cubes to the glass to chill the drink.
5. Garnish with fresh mint leaves for a burst of aroma and freshness.
- Quick links
- drink recipes