John Abraham has always been known for his amazing physique in the world of modelling, prior to becoming a Bollywood superstar. The actor has one of the best physiques in the film industry as seen in his latest movie alongside SRK and Deepika Padukone, Pathaan, with broad shoulders, bulging biceps, and six-pack abs. Long before fitness was even a criterion for movie stars, Abraham was spending his time in the gym and talking about health and nutrition to anyone willing to listen.
The general perception is that you cannot just wake up one morning and get from the couch to achieve the John Abraham-level physique. And this is true; his body is a result of sheer hard work and dedication in terms of training and diet. Abraham even recently confirmed the urban legend that surrounds his diet: that he hasn’t had his favourite sweet – the Indian kaju katli – for over a quarter of a century. It’s the kind of confession that offers insight into the level of effort that goes into the making of a physique like the actor’s.
The Attack: Part 1 actor likes to work out by focusing on two body parts per day, one major muscle group and one minor muscle group for maximum bodybuilding. Apart from this, as it turns out, the most important part of getting healthy and staying fit is watching what you eat as per the actor.
In a YouTube video, Abraham shared how he loves homemade protein pasta, prepared using pasta made of soy. Here’s a recipe you can recreate at home.
1 cup Soy Pasta
2 cups Spinach
4 Garlic Cloves
¼ cup Cheese
1 handful of Basil Leaves
½ tsp Black Pepper Powder
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1. In a pot, add sufficient water and let it come to a boil. Add ½ tsp salt to it.
2. Add pasta and cook for about 12 minutes.
3. Now drain all the excess water and pour 2-3 cups of cold water on the pasta to stop the cooking process.
4. Add washed spinach leaves, basil leaves, garlic cloves, and cashews to a blender. Blend well.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and again blend using pulse mode. Once the ingredients turn into a paste, take it out in a bowl.
6. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add the spinach paste and cook it for about a minute. Add salt as per taste along with black pepper powder. Add the boiled pasta and give it a toss.
7. Once the pasta gets coated in the sauce, switch off the flame.
8. Garnish the pasta with grated parmesan cheese and serve warm.
- Quick links
- John Abraham
- pasta recipe