Christmas is all about celebrating togetherness and joy and what better way to do that than throw a fun party on the holiday? Imagine Michael Buble belting out the best Christmas tunes in the background and all your loved ones gathered in the same place, enjoying delicious food and drinks to celebrate the happy holiday.
Naveen Kotyankar, the Beverage Head of Mumbai-based British Brewing Company agrees with us that being around family and friends is the best thing about the holiday season. “My fondest memories revolve around the goodness of being with friends and family, cooking together, sharing recipes, making that perfect Christmas punch with all the possible fruits and liquor that you find in the kitchen, laughing and, of course, riding that pleasant Christmas high,” he says.
According to Kotyankar, the perfect Christmas drink is something that is made with simple ingredients and that is not too stiff. “Remember that the perfect Christmas drink is something that you nurse till the end of the party and hence should be made responsibly.”
If you’re about to host a Christmas brunch or dinner, then here are a few cocktail recipes that Kotyankar feels would be a sure hit and perfect for spreading the holiday cheer at your party…
Best Cocktail Recipes for Christmas
Spiced Christmas Sangria
120 ml Red Wine
60 ml Spiced Port Wine
60 ml Apple juice
15 ml Monin Cinnamon syrup
Green apple & Malta orange for garnish
1) Pour the wines into a pitcher and add in the juice and syrup while stirring the mixture.
2) Throw in the fruit in the mixture and pour it into a big wine glass.
3) Garnish with extra apple slices and orange wedges and enjoy.
Chocolate Orange Martini
45 ml White Rum
15 ml Triple Sec
30 ml Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
15 ml Monin Hazelnut Syrup
60 ml fresh cream
1) Combine all the ingredients in a shaker and add some ice.
2) Shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds, or until thoroughly chilled.
3) Serve in a chocolate-rimmed, chilled Martini glass.
Christmas Citrus Cocktail
60 ml Vodka
20 ml Monin Elderflower Syrup
90 ml Orange Juice
120 ml Gingerale
1) Combine all ingredients, except Gingerale, in a Boston shaker.
2) Pour over ice cubes into a red wine Bordeaux glass.
3) Top up with Gingerale and garnish with an orange wedge.