Sandwiches are not just a saviour on hectic days, but are a great option for any time of the day, be it breakfast, lunch or an indulgent midnight craving. Quick, easy and super simple to make, the versatile snack also allows you to create a medley of different ingredients and flavours, and basically reinvent it every time you assemble it. And it seems like certified handsome hunk, Hrithik Roshan, is also a fan of the trusty panini.
You know why we love sandwiches? Convenience—you can buy sandwiches practically anywhere. Versatility—a sandwich can contain any filling, as long as it’s between bread. Comfort—there’s something nostalgic about sandwiches; we grew up eating them! Mess-free—they’re incredibly easy to eat on the go, without spilling them everywhere.
The fitness icon of many, Roshan can give many younger superstars a run for their money when it comes to having a healthy lifestyle and a toned physique. And it is no secret that the actor is a hardcore diet and fitness enthusiast. His trainer, Kris Gethin, revealed that the secret to the Super 30 actor’s fitness is “pure commitment to his diet”. He also shared that the actor has six meals in a day along with a protein shake, and makes no excuses when it comes to being disciplined.
And, like us, Roshan is also a fan of sandwiches. Recently, the actor shared his love for the panini on his Instagram Stories. The concoction he was gorging on was super healthy and loaded with protein, and you guessed it right—it was an egg sandwich. Alongside a picture of the meal, he shared a small list of ingredients used to prepare it.
Roshan’s yummy-looking egg sandwich looked like one irresistible treat. “6 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 30g bell pepper, 100g spinach, and 20g onion,” he wrote. For the sauce, he opted for “roasted cherry tomato with basil.” Interesting, isn’t it? Here’s how you can recreate it at home.
Egg sandwiches are both fulfilling and flavourful. While the Vikram Vedha star’s egg sandwich looked every bit delectable, we have given a cheesy twist to the regular version of this recipe. Let’s dig in!
1 Whole Egg
6 Egg Whites
30 gm Bell Pepper
100 gm Spinach
20 gm Onion
Salt to taste
Pinch of pepper
20 gm Cheddar cheese
1 tbsp Mustard sauce
- Start by preheating the oven to 180C. Properly grease a cupcake tray and break the eggs into the mould.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper as per taste. Now add the chopped bell pepper, onion and spinach leaves. Whisk everything together and tramsfer the tray in the oven.
- Bake the egg mixture for about 5-6 minutes.
- Once the eggs are done, pull the tray out and chop the baked egg mixture into medium-sized pieces.
- Optionally, pop in some ham slices, and cheese to the mix.
- Heat it in the microwave for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Begin assembling this delicious, protein-packed sandwich with toasted bread. Place the egg mix on a piece of toast, dress it up with basil and mustard, and finish off with another slice.
Now that you have this Hrithik Roshan-inspired recipe handy, you should definitely try it out and enjoy a drool-worthy breakfast this weekend!