Actress Neena Gupta’s Instagram page is full of delightful snippets from her life, and we love keeping up with her. The Masaba Masaba star regularly posts about things like a day in her life, time spent in the hills, shoot diaries, mother-daughter moments and she even drops words of wisdom from time to time. Recently, the actress took to her Instagram page to share a simple tikki burger recipe, which will definitely leave you feeling hungry.
All of us like to indulge in our favourite foods, which may (at times) not be particularly healthy. But that does not mean we have to skip out on them altogether, right? Gupta gave her viewers a lesson in exactly that. She posted a recipe for the healthy version of a ‘tikki’ on her Instagram and left netizens impressed. All you need to do is give the delicious street food staple a healthy twist by adding a dash of seasonal vegetables.
The Badhaai Ho star posted a video of herself making the burger and wrote, “Healthy Tikki. Ingredients - Aloo, Gajar, Shimla Mirch, Peas, Beans, Dalia and Paneer. #neenagupta #healthyfood #tikki.” Check out the video below!
Let’s take a closer look at the recipe, shall we?
Dalia or broken wheat
Carrots, cut finely
½ bowl of Peas
Handful of Beans, cut finely
One Potato, mashed
Oil for frying
For the sauce
One clove of garlic
- Start by steaming chopped carrots, peas, French beans, potatoes and Dalia.
- Then mix the vegetables, chopped capsicum and Dalia in a bowl.
- Crush some paneer (cottage cheese) with your hands and stir everything together.
- Then, add coriander leaves, green chilli and salt according to your taste in this mixture and mash everything together.
- Take the mashed mixture, divide it into sections and make small tikkis out of it.
- Now, crack some eggs and separate the whites from the yolks, and add the whites to a bowl.
- In another bowl, take some bread crumbs to coat the tikkis.
- Dip the tikkis in the egg white mixture first and then coat it with bread crumbs before shallow frying it with a little bit of oil.
- Once your patties are ready, prepare a sauce for your burger. Take some hung curd in a bowl, and add diced cucumber, one clove of garlic (minced), salt and thyme to it, and mix well.
- Apply this sauce to your buns, and assemble the burger with the tikki, tomatoes, onions and the other bun on top. Serve and enjoy!
Worth a try? We sure think it is!