Heartthrob Aditya Roy Kapur blessed the world with his existence on November 16, 1985 and gave us not only his notable films including Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013), Malang (2020), and Ludo (2020), but also Instagram thirst traps that are sure to go down in pop culture history.
Is the actor even aware of the thousands of slow motion fan edits made to honour his Greek God looks? In fact, Instagram is so saturated with these ‘Main Tera’ edits that even influencers have presented funny counter videos on the song in the last few years.
It would be foolish to assume that Kapur doesn’t know the effect his physique has on his legions of fans, and that there are tweets dedicated solely to his veiny forearms, right? But hey, we’re digressing here, that’s what those fan edits do to you!
On the occasion of the actor’s birthday, let’s look at some lesser known facts about him!
1. Aditya Roy Kapur began his career as a VJ on the music channel, Channel V, where viewers praised his comedic timing and unique style of hosting. Up until 2008, he co-hosted the popular programme India’s Hottest with VJ Bruna Abdullah and acted in the television series Pakao.
2. The actor made his Hindi film debut in 2009 with Vipul Shah’s musical London Dreams, in which he co-starred with Ajay Devgn and Salman Khan. He essayed the supporting role of a Pakistani musician.
3. His dream was to become a cricketer during his school years, but he dropped out of cricket coaching classes after sixth grade. The star ended up pursuing a career in the entertainment industry instead, even though he had no plans or intentions of doing so.
4. Roy Kapur took diction classes to improve his Hindi pronunciation. Prior to his acting career, the actor was interested in music and had hoped to record an album since his days as a VJ.
5. He came into the spotlight in 2010 for the movie Action Replayy, in which he played the adult son of Aishwarya Rai and Akshay Kumar who goes back in time to save their marriage. Kapur reappeared with Aishwarya Rai in the same year for Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Guzaarish, which also starred Hrithik Roshan.
6. Siddharth Roy Kapur, Aditya Roy Kapur’s brother, is the founder of UTV Motion Pictures. The production giant is also married to actress Vidya Balan and holds an MBA from Mumbai’s top college, Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies.
7. Aditya’s father met his mother, Salome Aaron, while serving in the Indian army in Kashmir. His mother, who is Jewish, was also Miss India in 1972 and later became a choreographer.
8. Roy Kapur belongs to a filmmaking family. His entire family works in the entertainment industry in different capacities. His grandfather, Raghupat Roy Kapoor, was a well-known film producer in the early 1940s. Furthermore, Sam and Ruby Aaron, his maternal grandparents, were trained dance instructors who brought the Sama dance to India.
9. All of his siblings attended G. D. Somani Memorial School in Cuffe Parade, Mumbai, where Aditya also completed his education, and his mother oversaw school performances and plays. In Class XI, Aditya Roy Kapur was forced to move from St. Xavier’s because he failed his exams, and had to re-enroll at St. Andrew’s College to avoid dropping a year, and secure his degree.
10. The Daawat-e-Ishq actor has never shied away from revealing his passion for food. The actor especially enjoys biryani, rajma chawal, seekh kabab, and korma boti, and he also has a serious sweet tooth. But, because he works in an industry where weight and physique is constantly monitored, the actor has to forgo eating almost all of his favourite dishes.
11. Aditya Roy Kapur’s breakthrough film was Aashiqui 2 (2013), in which he co-starred with Shraddha Kapoor. The duo also dated in real life and ended up becoming a ‘ship in his fandom for a long time. To do justice to his musician character, he even learned to play the guitar.
On the work front, the actor will be seen alongside Mrunal Thakur in Bhushan Kumar’s crime thriller Gumraah. The film is an official remake of Tamil hit Thadam, where Aditya will be seen in a dual role and Mrunal will portray a police officer. Some reports also suggest that Malang 2, the follow-up to Mohit Suri’s romantic suspense film Malang (2020), is in production.
Additionally, Roy Kapur, as per sources, has begun filming the Hindi version of the Hollywood miniseries The Night Manager. However, no official announcement has been made as of yet. For the remake, the actor will be seen in Tom Hiddleston’s role. Susanne Bier’s six-part series, which premiered on BBC One in 2016, is a British television series starring Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie, Olivia Colman, Tom Hollander, David Harewood, and Elizabeth Debicki. It is based on John le Carré‘s 1993 namesake novel, which was adapted for the modern era by David Farr.
Roy Kapur also reportedly has his hands full with the Action Replayy (2010) sequel, but official word on it hasn’t been released yet.
- Quick links
- Aditya Roy Kapoor
- celebrity birthdays