Dia Mirza is a true role model in the entertainment industry, with an impressive resume as a producer, actress, philanthropist and an advocate of sustainable living. But what really catches the eye is her natural radiance and glowing skin. In a recent interview, Mirza revealed that her secret to looking flawless is to incorporate natural ingredients high in vitamin C into her beauty routine.
She even goes so far as to apply slices of orange to her face for 10 minutes, stating that “I tend to apply what I eat.” To keep her skin hydrated and free of impurities, Mirza also uses a natural scrub made of walnut, plum, and aloe vera, and moisturises with coconut or olive oil. It’s clear that the Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein actress’ passion for using potent natural ingredients is a major factor in achieving her enviable complexion.
Taking cues from Mirza’s skincare routine, here are three ways to incorporate vitamin C in your DIY skincare regime along with some easy-to-follow recipes.
Homemade Vitamin C Serum
Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that can help brighten and even out your skin tone. This DIY serum is a great way to incorporate it into your daily skincare routine. If you’re looking for an easy and affordable way to improve your skin’s texture and appearance, this serum might just do the trick.
1 tsp Vitamin C powder
1 tsp Distilled Water
1 tsp Glycerin
2-3 drops of Essential Oil (optional)
1. Mix Vitamin C powder and distilled water in a bowl until it dissolves completely.
2. Add glycerin and essential oil (if using) and stir well.
3. Pour the mixture into a dark-coloured dropper bottle.
4. Store in a cool, dark place and use within a week.
DIY Vitamin C Face Mask
This vitamin C face mask is packed with skin-loving ingredients that will leave your face looking, and feeling, refreshed. Say goodbye to dull, tired-looking skin with this DIY face mask that’s easy to make and packed with nourishing ingredients.
1 tbsp Orange Juice
1 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp plain Yoghurt
1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
1 tbsp Gram Flour
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl to form a smooth paste.
2. Apply the paste on your face and neck, avoiding the eye area.
3. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes or until it dries completely.
4. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel.
Vitamin C Body Scrub
Exfoliating with a body scrub is an important step in any skincare routine. This homemade scrub is infused with vitamin C to help brighten and rejuvenate your skin and get rid of flaky, dry patches. If you’re looking for a natural way to exfoliate your skin and give it a healthy glow, this body scrub is a great option.
1 cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Sweet Almond Oil
1 tsp Vitamin C Powder
5-6 drops of Essential Oil (optional)
1. Mix sugar and Vitamin C powder in a bowl.
2. Add coconut oil and sweet almond oil and mix well.
3. Add a few drops of lavender or citrus essential oil (if using) and stir.
4. Transfer the mixture into an airtight container.
5. Use the scrub on damp skin in the shower, rubbing in circular motions.
6. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel.
Note: It’s always a good idea to do a patch test before using any new skincare products to make sure you don’t have an allergic reaction.