Athiya Shetty is a firm believer in the power of DIY skincare, and it’s no secret that she loves to pamper herself with some good old-fashioned TLC. The actress goes the extra mile to ensure that her skin is always plump and glowing, and she’s not one to gatekeep her beauty secrets from the world either.
Her latest hack? An all-natural, organic under-eye mask that brightens and rejuvenates the delicate skin under her eyes. It’s no wonder that Shetty is known for her flawless complexion.
The hero ingredient of her eye mask, coffee, is not just a great morning booster but also has numerous benefits for your skin, especially when used topically. Applying this pantry ingredient under your eyes can help reduce puffiness, as it contains caffeine that stimulates blood flow and helps de-puff the area. Additionally, caffeine is known to have antioxidant properties that can fight free radicals and prevent premature ageing.
Coffee is also a natural exfoliant and can help remove dead skin cells, making the skin smoother and brighter. Its anti-inflammatory properties can also help reduce redness, making it great for people with sensitive skin.
So, if you are looking for a natural and effective remedy to treat under-eye circles and puffiness, take some cues from the Mubarakan actress and try using coffee as an under-eye mask for a quick and refreshing pick-me-up.
Shetty guides us on how to create an inexpensive and effective eye mask with ingredients easily found in one’s pantry. Here is the step-by-step process.
- Start by dissolving two tablespoons of coffee grounds in ¼ cup of warm water and mix until it is emulsified.
- Add some ice cubes to the coffee mixture to cool it down.
- Cut two cotton pads to fit the contour of the under-eye area.
- Soak the cotton pads in the chilled coffee solution.
- Place the soaked cotton pads under your eyes and enjoy the cooling sensation.
- Leave the pads on until they dry and the coffee solution is fully absorbed into your skin.