Valentine’s Day is a day for love and romance, and what better way to celebrate than by getting dressed up and feeling your best? Whether you’re planning a night out with your significant other or a Galentine’s Day celebration with your besties, the right hairstyle can take your look to the next level.
From romantic braided updos to soft waves and sleek low ponytails, there is a V-Day hairstyle for everyone, regardless of hair length or personal style. This season of love, explore the latest trends and classic styles to create the perfect hairdo to complement your outfit. Get inspired and find your perfect Valentine’s Day hairstyle today!
Romantic Braided Updo
Create a sleek and romantic updo by braiding sections of your hair and securing them with bobby pins. You can leave a few face-framing strands loose for a soft and romantic touch.
1. Start with clean, dry hair. Brush your hair to remove any tangles and use a heat protectant spray if you plan on using heat tools.
2. Decide on the type of braid you want to create. A French braid or a Dutch braid works well for this style.
3. Part your hair to one side. If you have bangs, pull them to the side you want the braid to be on.
4. Start braiding your hair from the front of your head and work towards the back, adding more hair to the braid as you go. When you reach the nape of your neck, secure the braid with a hair tie.
5. Repeat the braiding process with the rest of your hair. Secure the second braid with a hair tie.
6. Loosen the braids by gently pulling on the sides to give them a more relaxed and romantic look.
7. Cross the braids over each other at the nape of your neck and secure them with bobby pins. You can also tuck the ends of the braids under the updo to create a neat finish.
8. Use hairspray to set the style and to keep flyaways in place.
9. Accessorise as desired with flowers, ribbon, or other hair accessories.
Create soft and effortless waves with a curling iron or hair straightener. This style is perfect for those who prefer a more relaxed and casual look.
1. Start with clean, damp hair and apply a light holding product to help with the styling.
2. Use a large barrel curling iron to curl small sections of your hair. Make sure to curl in alternating directions for a more natural look.
3. Brush out the curls gently with your fingers to soften them and create a more relaxed wave.
4. If your hair is naturally straight, you can use a salt spray or texturizing spray to help hold the waves.
5. Finish the style with a light hold hair spray to keep your waves in place throughout the day
Sleek Low Ponytail
A sleek low ponytail is a classic and timeless style that is perfect for a special occasion. Pull your hair back into a low ponytail and smooth out any flyaways with a brush.
1. Start by washing and blow drying your hair to ensure it is smooth and free of tangles.
2. Apply a small amount of smoothing serum to your hair to help control frizz and add shine.
3. Use a brush to gather all of your hair into a low ponytail at the nape of your neck, making sure to smooth down any flyaways.
4. Secure the ponytail with a hair tie, making sure it is tight and in place.
5. Use a fine-tooth comb to smooth down any bumps or tangles in the ponytail, and then wrap a strand of hair around the hair tie to conceal it.
6. Finally, use a light-hold hairspray to keep everything in place, and you’re good to go! The sleek low ponytail is a classic and sophisticated look that is sure to turn heads.
Create a fun and playful look by creating a heart-shaped bun at the nape of your neck. This is a great style for those who are feeling playful and romantic on Valentine’s Day.
1. Prep your hair by washing and blow drying it until it’s smooth and free of tangles. If necessary, use a straightening iron to get rid of any bumps or frizz.
2. Create a deep side part in your hair, then gather all of your hair to one side of your head, leaving out a small section at the front.
3. Secure the gathered hair at the nape of your neck with a hair elastic, forming a low ponytail.
4. Divide the ponytail into two equal sections, then twist each section tightly away from your face.
5. Cross the two twisted sections over each other at the base of the ponytail, then tuck the ends under and secure with bobby pins.
6. Shape the twisted hair into a heart shape, using your fingers to mold it into place. Secure any loose strands with bobby pins as needed.
7. Set the style with a light mist of hair spray, then gently tease the front section of your hair for added volume and texture.
A half-up half-down style is perfect for those who want to show off their long locks. Pull the top half of your hair back into a loose ponytail or braid and let the rest of your hair fall down your back in soft waves.
1. Start by washing and blow-drying your hair to get rid of any frizz, tangles or knots.
2. Part your hair down the middle, or to one side depending on your preference.
3. Take the upper section of your hair, starting from the front and going towards the back, and secure it with a hair elastic.
4. Next, gently tease the crown of your head to add volume to the upper section.
5. Use a comb or brush to smooth out the teased section and create a sleek, polished look.
6. Take a small section of hair from the bottom half and wrap it around the hair elastic to hide it.
7. Gently tug and loosen the waves or curls of the bottom half to create a relaxed, bohemian vibe.
8. Use a strong-hold hairspray to keep everything in place and set your style.
These are just a few Valentine’s Day hairstyles that you can try this year. You can always add a touch of glamour to your look by accessorising with hair adornments or fresh flowers.