South superstar Rashmika Mandanna is one celebrity who can pull off any look and has often inspired her fans and followers to experiment with trendy hairstyles. The actress rose to mainstream fame with her recent release, Pushpa -The Rise opposite Allu Arjun and hasn’t looked back ever since.
Rashmika Mandanna Hairstyle
If you, like us, have been smitten with Mandanna’s style lately, and want to recreate her go-to hairdos, look no further!
Loose, Wavy Layered Hair
- If you have a layered below-the-shoulder haircut, this is a quick way to style it. To make your layers more noticeable, blow dry your hair like you normally would after you shower.
- For even more volume, work in a volumizing cream into your roots before styling your hair.
- Once your hair’s dry, brush it with a boar-bristle brush if you have curly hair, or a round brush if you have straight hair, and voila!
Half-up Half-down Hair
- Going by the Goodbye star’s Instagram, the half-up half-down hairdo is her go-to styling method. To get her look, section off the top half of your hair and hold it securely at your crown with one hand.
- Twist the hair loosely into a bun at the back of your head and tie an elastic around the bun to hold it in place.
- Then, use bobby pins to shape and neaten the topknot in the front and back.
- Finish the look with a light misting of hairspray. You could even use just hairpins to fix the top half of your hair in the back, and there you have it.
- Style the loose part of your tresses in soft curls for a mermaid-inspired look.
Slicked Back Low Ponytail or Bun
- This hairdo is a great way to disguise oily roots. Start with brushing and detangling your hair, and then part your hair in the side or in the middle. You can even skip the parting and brush your hair all the way to the back.
- Then, create a low pony at the nape of the neck and tie it up with a scrunchie or a simple, black hair tie. The best brush to use to achieve this hairstyle is a nylon and boar bristle brush, which will actually smooth strands. The mix of bristles will help get rid of any static and give you that sleek effect you’re looking for.
- If you have textured hair, add a spritz of water, a light oil or a leave-in serum to the brush to help smooth flyaways and get a shiny, wet-hair-like finish.
- Finish the look off with a gel or soft-hold hair spray to smooth out any pieces that are out of place, and apply a bit of oil or serum to the ends of your hair.
- If you want to be extra, add soft curls to the pony and run your fingers through it once done.
Long Braided Hair
- Braiding is a great way to keep your hair out of the way and still look put-together and chic. You can create a variety of styles using simple braiding techniques, and there are lovely ways to make your hairdo look great. To get this look, detangle hair with a brush or wide-toothed comb. Braiding goes a lot faster when your hair is knot-free. The comb should be able to pull easily through the length of the hair.
- If you’re working with thick or layered hair, use a bit of water or leave-in conditioner to dampen the hair first to make it easier to handle.
- Once you have parted your hair as per your liking, divide it into three even sections. These will be the three strands of your braid, so try to make them as even as possible.
- Then, begin braiding in the traditional way and finish off with a hair tie.
- If you want a slightly messy look, pry open some tendrils of your hair near the face, to give it a framing effect.
Watch: Kartik Aaryan Hairstyle
Low, Messy Bun
- Messy buns have been stylish for many years now, but they’re always evolving. Getting the perfect balance between messy and cute is key for this hairstyle. Comb through your hair and create a side part (or a middle part if that’s your jam).
- If you’re doing this hairstyle on unwashed, greasy hair, tease the top part of your hair, or use dry shampoo or baby powder to get rid of some of the oil to make sure your hair is not flat and greasy.
- Gather your hair into a low ponytail, making sure that it’s not too sleek and that you’ve left some volume above it.
- Twist the ponytail and create a low bun. Use an elastic hair tie to secure the pun.
- Mess the whole hairstyle out. Let strands of hair from your bangs out. Use texturizing spray on your hair and you’re good to go.