Kartik Aaryan can give as many blockbusters as he wants, but all people want to know from him is how his hair defies gravity and remains voluminous at all times.
The actor’s signature hairstyle has been a topic of conversation ever since he started rising in popularity in the industry. It has slowly inched its way into the ‘Instantly Recognisable Hairstyles in Bollywood’, a list we made up a few seconds ago which also has Salman Khan’s curtain bangs from Tere Naam and Sanjay Dutt’s mullet from the ’90s.
Over the years, there have been many theories about the secret behind the gravity-defying hair look. Some legends say that the artfully-electrocuted hair look is a result of mini Oompa-Loompa-esque figures working overtime to make sure Aaryan’s hair doesn’t fall flat, while others simply credit it to movie star mystical magic.
But as it turns out, the hairstyle is pretty easy to recreate as long as you don’t mind the addition of a few extra steps to your usual hair routine.
Before you head over to the nearest mirror to cop his look, know that Aaryan’s signature hairstyle is not very versatile. If you have a round face or a wide forehead, you might want to find another Bollywood star to emulate, lest you want to make your face appear bigger. It would also help if your hair is cut in layers.
Kartik Aaryan Hairstyle
If you want the look, here are a few easy steps to get it.
- Shampoo and condition your hair, like you normally would,
- Apply a soft/medium hold hair gel or mousse after washing your hair. Make sure it is only applied from mid-length to tips and avoid the roots at all costs. It is one of the secrets behind the volume.
- Blow dry using a small round brush to further enhance the volume.
- Finish the look with some texturising cream.
- Spray on some dry fix hairspray to ensure your hair remain standing in position for as long as they can.
- You’re ready to embrace the Kartik Aaryan life now.