If you are looking to glow brighter than the lights this festive season, you will need a few make-up tricks up your sleeve. There are few better places to look for answers than Mehak Oberoi, artist-in-residence at Bobbi Brown India, whose make-up brushes have worked their magic on the likes of Malaika Arora, Tara Sutaria and more. If you are looking to stay updated on all the make-up trends that will be making waves this festive season, take cues from her handy cheat sheet.
The Festive Make-Up Trends To Watch Out For This Season
“Luminous glass skin and bold lips are the trends to bookmark for the upcoming festive season,” declares Oberoi. She recommends using the festive season as license to go all out and experiment with colours, “Whether it’s an unconventional colour for your lip or a little extra blush on your cheek and or something new for your eyes. When it comes to textures, you will want to play with pressed glitter eyeshadow—after all, a little sparkle never hurt anybody. Anything you dream of can work beautifully for the festive season if you know how to balance it out,” she says.
The Ultimate Make-Up Guide For The Festive Season
The key to an impactful make-up look starts with good prep, and Oberoi advises giving your skin some TLC to compensate for the late nights of socialising during the festive season. “Give your skin an extra boost of vitamins with a vitamin-enriched face base to keep your skin looking fresh and lively. Investing in a good concealer will also help make those late nights vanish from under your eyes,” she advises. If you are looking to steal a page from her book, here is an easy step-by-step guide to follow:
- Start by taking off last night’s residual make-up with a cleansing oil to create a clean canvas and add a boost of hydration with a hydrating face tonic.
- Moisturise the area under your eyes with a vitamin-enriched eye base for taking away puffiness and brightening the area.
- After moisturising your face—you can use the Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base that works as a 2-in-1 primer and moisturiser—you can choose to add some radiance to your look with an illuminating balm.
- Layer your skin with a long-wear liquid foundation that will stay put through hours of partying and use a skin corrector for neutralising the discolouration that creeps in due to late nights.
- Play up your eyes with a creamy eyeshadow stick for a fuss-free and long-lasting eye make-up look and amp up with mascara. Round out your eyes by drawing an eye pencil along your waterline if you are going for a traditional look.
- For that extra glow, the placement of your highlighter is key—remember to use yours along the high cheekbones, the bridge of the nose and the inner corners of the eyes.
- Finally, finish your look with the Bobbi Brown Crushed Lip Colour and top it off with the Crushed Oil Infused Gloss for extra shine.
All The Make-Up Hacks To Note For The Festive Season
While the right make-up look can conceal the aftereffects of a late night, it helps to have a few tricks in your SOS arsenal. Oberoi shares her go-to hack, “I personally love applying a cold compress on the eyes right before starting make-up or putting on a nice sheet mask or an under-eye mask for quick repair.”
She also emphasises the importance of opting for colour correction before starting with your make-up routine. “Generally, when you have a lot of late nights, you end up having a reddish blue tinge under the eye, so reach for a deep peach colour corrector to brighten the under-eye area and look brighter and fresher instantly,” she signs off.